Do not consume any beverages, water, food, chewing gum, candy or cigarettes five hours prior to your arrival at the clinic for the scheduled operation!
Ladies: you must not be in your menstrual cycle on the date of your operation.
The operation will be postponed if:
- any of the prescribed tests have not been carried out;
- test results deviate from reference values;
- you are ill on the day of the operation;
- you are in your monthly cycle (for ladies);
- you have failed to take the relevant anti-allergy medication, if such has been prescribed.
Three weeks prior to the operation discontinue Aspirin and any analogous products. Do not take contraceptives in high doses unless coordinated with a specialist.
On the day of the operation do not wear make-up, contact lenses, nail polish. All jewellery and piercings on body and head must be removed prior to entry in the operating room. Any body hair (except head) in the zone of the surgical intervention must be shaved on the morning of the operation (exceptions can only be made for religious reasons).
We highly recommend that you discontinue smoking one month prior to the operation in order to speed up post-intervention tissue recovery.
You will receive pyjamas and slippers for your hospital stay from us. Arrive at the clinic wearing comfortable clothes and shoes so that you will feel comfortable after your discharge.
A special bra is recommended following breast surgery which may be purchased at the clinic (BGN 120.00).
All tests must be carried out no later than seven days before the operation and results must be forwarded by post or submitted at the clinic five days before the operation, unless otherwise agreed.
Ladies: Blood tests SHOULD NOT be performed during your monthly cycle!
1. Blood (laboratory) tests;
- Complete blood count (CBC) – Leukocytes, Erythrocytes, Thrombocytes, Haemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCHC, MCH, MCV, Differential count and morphology – microscope analysis, ESR, CRP;
- Coagulation test – Prothrombin time, prothrombin index, INR;
- Biochemical analysis – Blood sugar, Urea, Creatinine, Uric acid, С-Reactive Protein, Bilirubin total + direct, AST, ALT, GGT, Alkaline phosphatase, Total protein + albumin, Cholesterol - profile, Potassium (K) and Sodium (Na);
- Urine - pH, Specific gravity, Protein, Sugar, Ketone bodies, Urobilinogen, Bilirubin, Blood, Sediment;
- Special tests: Wasserman;
- Blood group and Rh;
- Virology: HBsAg; anti HBc IgM; anti HCV; anti HIV ½;
- Other: TIBC, Iron (Fe) …………………………………..
2. Preoperative consultation with internal medicine specialist or cardiologist, including lung X-ray + ECG (Electrocardiography), with written conclusions on both by the respective specialists;
3. Nasal bones and cavities x-ray where nose reshaping is planned.
4. Consultation with mammologist and diagnostic imaging where breast surgery is planned;
5. Preoperative consultation with allergologist in the event of allergies, no later than two weeks prior to the operation.
6. Preoperative specialist consultation in the event of history of other general diseases;
7. In the event of concomitant diseases resulting in specific deviations in paraclinical indicators, it is recommended that these be tested additionally.